Jderham2@xxxxxx wrote:

> I have encountered some code associated with trigger operation that is using
> the occurrence of this message to control flow through a procedure. The
> description for this message is: "&1 has been called recursively".
>
> My question is: Under what conditions will this message occur and what
> actions reset the message?

In the context of a trigger program, it means that the trigger program
has caused a change in a file to which it is triggered. For example, if
you have a single trigger program (assume it's script-driven) attached
to files A and B, and a change to A has been scripted to cause a change
to B. The change to B causes the recursive call to the trigger program.

There isn't any need to "reset" the message; it simply indicates that
the recursive call failed, which isn't a bad thing, if you're triggering
AFTER the change goes through.

--
James H. H. Lampert
Professional Dilettante