When I perform an imbedded SQL CONNECT TO... I am getting:
CPF9190-Authorization failure on DDM TCP/IP connection attempt.
reason code 17
  17 -- The security mechanism requested by the client is not supported or

    allowed at the server.
See recovery information below.
  22 -- Security processing at the client failed.
Recovery  . . . :   Correct the problem indicated by the reason code if
  possible, and attempt to connect again.  A common cause for reason code
17
  is that the server requires a password but the client sends only a user
ID,
  or the server requires an encrypted password and the client did not send
an
  encrypted password.  The iSeries DDM server can be configured to not
require
  a password or an encrypted password by using the CHGDDMTCPA CL command.

Right now most of our iSeries has
CHGDDMTCPA AUTOSTART(*YES) PWDRQD(*YES)
One has
CHGDDMTCPA AUTOSTART(*YES) PWDRQD(*NO)
and I can connect to that.  Now, I am under the impression that running
with *NO is not a normally recommended procedure.  But we'll fix the
'working' machine later, (low risk).
However, if I change from
CHGDDMTCPA AUTOSTART(*YES) PWDRQD(*YES)
CHGDDMTCPA AUTOSTART(*YES) PWDRQD(*ENCRYPTED)

What other steps, if any, are involved?

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
PO Box 2000