Well, depending on how often this occurs, you may want to just avoid a
programming solution.  If this were a one-timer or something relatively
infrequent, I'd get to the outq screen, fire up my macro recorder in Client
Access, type in '6' in all rows on one screen, press page down, stop
recording, go edit the macro (a text file) and duplicate the '6's & page
down about 500 times, save it, play the macro, and go to lunch.

You could do the same for moving the spool files to another outq.  errr, no,
well, with a little twist, since you have to use option 2 (CHGSPLFA) and
specify the outq.  You could still use a macro to do that part, but then
after the macro was done, you'd have to type "OUTQ(library/outqname)" on the
command line *before* you press Enter.

Otherwise, I think your programming solution is going to have to be one that
uses the API that lists all spool files in a given outq, then process those
entries one at a time.  CHGSPLFA to change the outq, then RLSSPLF to
"unhold".

hth, db