Kathie

Someone else will need to help with this from here on in. You had another post that showed some of the text you see below. And then there was some stuff that looked like nonsense. It was probably the encrypted stuff. But this demonstrates that there is a CCSID issue.

You did not tell us which CCSID (F15 opt 3) let you read some of the text.

You might want to open the file in Windows - something like TextPad (www.textpad.com - shareware) or WordPad. If the readable stuff is the same as you showed us, then it is in ASCII of some flavor.

At any rate, it is some kind of MIME - do you have a vendor product that is supposed to handle this stuff? If not, look up S?MIME and (AS/400 or iSeries) in google. This is used, at least, in emails, but it might be used elsewhere - I've not investigated this stuff at all.

Be sure not to expose any private or corporate information in your posts.

Good luck
Vern