http://www.bosweb.com/bntcp_prod.html

BOSANOVA has an external link function.

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of CWilt@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, June 24, 2004 1:12 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Web link in a 5250 screen - REVISITED

Martin,

How are you handling Windows user id and passwords?

When I first tried to use RUNRMTCMD to bring up PDF files on a users PC,
I ran into problems unless I passed a username and password that matched
the user signed on.

Note this was on Windows NT 4.  Windows 9x didn't have the same problem.
I ended up using STRPCCMD instead for any "interactive" windows apps.

Has this limitation changed or do you get around it someway?

Charles