Hi James,

In a previous life, I provided support for a third
party IBM 3488 compatible logic unit. I saw an
equivalent problem with mouse usage when connected to
a machine running V3R1.

The problem was that the host saw the use of a mouse a
little differently than pressing the keys on the
keyboard. The terminal crash was caused when a mouse
click occurred in a protected area of the screen image
from the perspective of the workstation controller.

In my case, the third party vendor changed how it
reported mouse clicks back to the host and the problem
was resolved.

I don't know of any DEVD settings on the host that
would help with your current problem. I would tend to
think a PTF would have been the method that IBM might
have pursued to resolve this issue under V2R3 if it
was ever reported.

I checked the IBM web site and found that for R420
(APAR MA18622) the following problem with the
operation of the 3489 was resolved - Mouse release
position invalid in changing screen mode.

Unfortunately the fix is not listed in the APAR for
R230 (MA09907).

HTH

Best Regards,

/Paul