>>> glea@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 6/8/04 2:03:53 PM >>>
What additional information shows up on the job logs of the failing
devices?

There are no other error messages in the job log prior to the CPF4168. Two
messages that do show up in QSYSOPR prior to the error are:
CPF1189
Message . . . . :   Subsystem QINTER varied off work station QPADEV006V.
Cause . . . . . :   Subsystem QINTER received CPF5390 while using file
SLFISIGNON in library QGPL record format SIGNON.  As a result of this error,
work station QPADEV006V was varied off by the subsystem.

and CPF1196:
Message . . . . :   Subsystem QINTER failed to vary off device QPADEV006V.
Cause . . . . . :   The device may be damaged, or the subsystem may have lost
  allocation of the device.  The job log of the subsystem monitor may contain
  more information.

Not sure what they are telling me.

Dave