This is a dysfunction in MailMan software, not a people problem.  Iow, if
the software can't match up by subject line, then who's fault is that?  Even
worse, using MailMan as a data store is..

..well, googling archives IS one approach.  It's about 5 or 10 years since
it was a decent approach.

So yeah.. will people listen?