Greetings all!  I'm back on certificates trying to make telnet more secure.
We currently only allow SSL connections that provide a valid certificate.
DCM has been told to only trust certificates signed by it.

My original plan was to parse the certificate in the telnet exit point and
check for a valid, enabled user.  I constantly got "CPF227B Certificate not
correct for specified type." which could mean an error in my program or
could mean QsyParseCertificate can't read the certificate from the telnet
server.

In either case, I've been informed that's not good enough.  Not only do we
need to be able to disallow remote access for users who are not disabled, we
also need to be able to disallow a particular certificate (for example, it
could have been compromised.)

My mind immediately jumps to CRL at that point.  I downloaded the Redbook:
IBM eserver iSeries Wired Network Security OS/400 V5R1 DCM and Cryptography
Enhancements.  It describes how to configure the LDAP server, how to assign
CA to CRL to LDAP as far as checking the CRL.

What I can't figure out is how to actually GET the CRL from DCM to publish
on the LDAP server.  The book keeps saying to contact the CA to find their
CRL.  I've contacted myself repeatedly but haven't received an answer :)
Anyone know if/how the DCM creates the CRL to be published?

Sean Porterfield
Best Distributing Co.