Tony,

This came up last week, too, should be in tje MIDRANGEL. But no good
explanation/answer was given.

I aasume you are using a Client Access emulation (or similar). My guess it is a
communication error: Your emulation session does not make contact with the host
anymore. So the cursor can be moved around (it is in the client) but the
function keys or the Enter key does not send anything back and the system will
not respond.

Pressing the [X] in the top right  corner is not a good idea, either.

I would opt for the Communication menu in the client, disconnect and reconnect
again. You have to log in again. If that is possible, your sesion connects with
the host again.

I had this once, other users im my shop have had it more frequently. This is
the way I solved my "lock".

What if the user is in a application, with open transactions? Perhaps
disconnecting the job from WRKACTJOB (option 13), and hopefully the user will
get the same device name again and can log in.

Hopefully others have a better solution than mine. I lack the experience with
this. It has been put to the attention of our system manager.

Regards,
Carel Teijgeler