Jimmy,

We had this same problem recently, on a brand-spanking new 810.  Here's
what IBM said to do, and it worked for us.

This problem was caused by a corrupted version of the *USRIDX object
QUSRSYS/QYSMSVRE.

To detect the problem on the iSeries, issue these commands:

MKDIR /QFILESVR.400/LOCALHOST

WRKLNK /QFILESVR.400/LOCALHOST

If the result of the second command is the error CPFAE04 (The
communications connection with the file server was ended abnormally), you
are seeing the corrupt user index.

To correct the error issue this iSeries command:

DLTUSRIDX USRIDX(QUSRSYS/QYSMSVRE)

This object is recreated on first use, so deleting it will not cause a
problem.  After deleting it, stop and restart the HTTP Admin server.  The
problem should disappear.

Mike Eovino
E-Commerce Manager
EDPS

jgreen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
03/25/2004 03:01 PM
Please respond to Midrange Systems Technical Discussion