Oliver

Is this only at the level of /QDLS, or also folders below that? At any rate, it is possible to use QShell for this, too.

First, create a flat physical file for output from QShell-length is not all that important.

crtpf vern/qdls rcdlen(132)

The something like this

QSH CMD('ls -F /QDLS > /qsys.lib/vern.lib/qdls.file/qdls.mbr')

will list each item in whatever path you give - here it is /QDLS - with a '/' following directories (folders in OV terms) and nothing (or '*') following non-directories. '-F' gives you the extra character.

PS/
QBKBOOKS/
QDIADOCS/
QFOSDIA/
QGA400RT/
QIWSADM/
QOTTMFLR/

Or something like

QSH CMD('ls -l /QDLS/QBKBOOKS/UNITABLE > /qsys.lib/vern.lib/qdls.file/qdls.mbr')

results in

total: 3.972 megabytes
-rwx---rwx  1 QSYS  0                122880 Nov  8  1993 EPHU437
-rwx---r-x  1 QSYS  0                122880 Jan 19  1994 EPHU500
-rwx---rwx  1 QSYS  0                122880 Nov  8  1993 EPHU850
-rwx---rwx  1 QSYS  0                122880 Nov  8  1993 EPHU860
-rwx---rwx  1 QSYS  0                122880 Nov  8  1993 EPHU863
-rwx---rwx  1 QSYS  0                122880 Nov  8  1993 EPHU865
-rwx---rwx  1 QSYS  0                786432 Nov  8  1993 EPHU932
-rwx---rwx  1 QSYS  0                786432 Nov  8  1993 EPHU939
-rwx---rwx  1 QSYS  0                786432 Nov  8  1993 EPHU942

The 'l' gives you this layout. The first character is a 'd' when the item is a directory. It can be other things, too, but a '-', as aboe, is a normal file to be processed. File name is on the far right but is not necessarily in the same location - the column with 'QSYS' can be wider, e.g.

You can also recurse through subdirectories using the -R option.

Interesting, eh?
Vern