Zak,

Carl's original posting was regarding MQSeries Messages greater than the 32k
field size limit, which led to the discussion about allocating greater than
the 16mb pointer size.

MQSeries V5R1 or higher supports message sizes up-to 100mb, but the standard
16mb pointer size means that the max is "harder" to achieve.

However, by taking Scott's teraspace-enabled call and merging it with the MQ
code, it is possible to call the mq functions passing a pointer of close to
100mb.

I took Scott's code and changed the number of occurrences of the ds to be
3199 x 32k, which gave me a message string of 104824832. This is 32k shy of
the full 100mb - I have found this works with MQ, but if I take it up to the
full 3200 x 32k mq blows with a size issue which may be due to MQ putting
message headers onto the string - still looking in to that one.

Anyways, as an exercise in large string manipulation across programs it's a
great start.

I have put the code on http://www.400times.co.uk/Documents/mqteramod1.txt

Thanks to Scott for boosting me to that elusive 100mb message!

Cheers,

Dave