My response with against my name to the queries.  I find my stored
procedrues working well from the same place and with same user id in
java servlet.

Perform SELECT * FROM SYSFUNCS in the interactive sql and check if your
"fn"
is entered fully qualified or not.

Sudha - I find my function both in sysfuncs and sysroutines and within
the same session, I get 'not found' error.

You can also perform "SET PATH QGPL" (change QGPL to where your UDTF is
located), and then try the original statement.  PATH is used to find
UDFs
and stored procedures.

Sudha - I have not set this.  But my stored proc works from java
servlet.

If you are using SQL naming convention then you should be able to set
default library DFTRDBCOL (default relational database collection - i.e.
library) using SET OPTION syntax (check SQL Reference book for details).
This will be used as search path for tables as well.

Sudha - we don't have sql naming convention in the system.

Or you can make sure you are using system naming and then the *LIBL list
search will work for tables, but not stored procedures and UDTFs.

Sudha - Within the session, I looked at the library list and my udtf
library is found.  I have created the udtf in my current library, where
the program also exists.  I tried to use the MYLIB/FN- got the same
error, MYLIB.FN which gives me a 'not valid naming convention error'.

Appreciate all your effort to help me,
Sudha

Sudha Ramanujan
SunGard Futures Systems