Hi, Joe:

Not sure what you might have to use on the PC side, but on OS/400,
I think you might want to start by looking at the STRCMNTRC command
(Start Communications Trace)... ;-)  You can trace both directions, outgoing
and incoming...

Then you run for a while, then, ENDCMNTRC, then DMPCMNTRC to
"dump" the trace into a stream file in the IFS.  Not sure how to interpret
what is in there, though :-/

There are a bunch of freeware or shareware tools somewhere on the
net for use in Windoze-land... a quick google search reveals several at
this page: http://www.newfreeware.com/search.php3?q=IP+trace --
this one looks promising -- http://www.newfreeware.com/internet/1586/

Have fun...

Mark