if we do a DSPPTF:
TL03364

an doing a WRKPTFGRP appears:
SF99519                  91  Installed
SF99502                  11  Installed

Best Regards
Juan Carlos

                      rob@xxxxxxxxx

                      Sent by:                     To:      Midrange Systems
Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                      midrange-l-bounces@m         cc:

                      idrange.com                  Subject: Re: V5R2 Access
ODBC Allow Query Timeout

                      16/03/04 16:18

                      Please respond to

                      Midrange Systems

                      Technical Discussion

If you do a DSPPTF,
What is the first that appears?
Our is:
PTF
ID
TL03364

If you do a WRKPTFGRP what appears?
Ours is:
PTF Group             Level  Status
SF99519                  90  Installed
SF99502                  11  Installed
SF99271                  12  Installed
SF99190                  10  Installed
SF99169                  15  Installed
SF99149                   3  Installed
SF99148                   3  Installed
SF99098                  13  Installed
SF99085                   8  Installed
SF99039                   2  Installed

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
PO Box 2000
Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

JuanCarlos.Minuesa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
03/16/2004 05:45 AM
Please respond to

midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
V5R2 Access ODBC Allow Query Timeout

Folks, we just upgraded to V5R2 last weekend and things work fine except
for ODBC queries.

We make extensive use of COGNOS, which up to now (OS7400 V4R5...) gave us
no problems.

Since the update to V5R2, reports extracted from AS/400 database via
Cognos
just show "part of the lines" we should get but NOT ALL !
So we just get "part of the rows" for the report but not all of them...

This happens bot with PC's running old Access Express 4.5 ( + SF64217) and
with PC's running the new Access for Windows 5.2 ( + SI10914).

Since we are BPCS users, during the upgrade to V5R2 we had to create a
QAQQINI file in QUSRSYS with the SUPPRESS_SQL_WARNINGS line in it.
We have tested with just this line only, and also after adding a line
QUERY_TIME_LIMIT  present in QSYS/QAQQINI  with a value of *NOMAX.

System value  QQRYTIMLMT = *NOMAX

Searching thru different forums (Midrange included, of course...) we've
found some entries dealing with this problem, with COGNOS and/or Windows
ACCESS. Someone mentioned an attribute called "Allow Query Timeout" in the
Advanced_Performance_options panel (Performance sheet in ODBC definition),
but as he himself mentioned, this did not fix it either... We tried it and
did not get any better.

Someone also pointed to some Windows Registry value he could not
remember...

Anyone has got a solution for this?
TIA

Juan Carlos