> Dave Snyder wrote:
> Just checking 'cause I never tried it. Can you use the DUPTAP and copy the
contents of one tape of one device type to a tape of a different device
type? (Example: 3581 to 3570 or vice versa).

Dave,
Short answer:  Yes.

If the destination tape is of lower capacity, it will create multiple tapes,
so you should probably have enough tapes initialized before starting
the process.

Have you read the help text for the DUPTAP command?
Restrictions (from the help text):

<snip>
1.   You must have two tape drives or a tape media library device
     with two tape resources to use this command.

2.   A file that spans volumes must have both partial files
     duplicated at the same time. That is, duplicating a tape that
     ends in a partial file, followed by appending the second part
     of the file to the end of the tape is not allowed. You must
     duplicate both parts of the file at the same time by
     specifying multiple volumes on the FROMVOL parameter.
</snip>

Steve