Our UPS is being replaced Saturday.  I have to shut down the iSeries during
the switchover.

I haven't done this in umpteen years and have a question as to if I can do
the following:

1) Set the IPL date/time to, say, 20 minutes after I shut it down.
2) After it has powered off, unplug it.
3) After power is restored, plug it back in.

If the IPL date/time has passed, will it still power up?  Or do I have to do
it manually with buttons?  Gosh, it's been so long I will have to look up
how to do this.

Thanks.

PS, This time I'm having them wire in a maintenenace bypass so if/when I
ever have to replace the UPS again, I won't have to worry about shut down.

--
Jeff Crosby
Dilgard Frozen Foods, Inc.

company.  Unless I say so.