>       Have you tried contacting Seagull Software?

Yes, I already went to their site and filled out a form - they
didn't have any email addresses listed that I could find.

While waiting to see if I get some response, I searched google,
and also came here.

I found one reference on the web to gf9api.dll as a hllapi
library for Seagull's j-walk.

>     JWalk is a commercial product
>       that they provide -- assuming that you are properly
licensed to use their
>       software, they should be providing you with the
appropriate documentation.

No, I am not using their product, a customer is, and they in turn
got
the software they are using from a third party. The customer is
on the other
side of the Rockies from where I am.

I don't really want to load a development environment remotely
onto the
customer's pc and access it thru PC Anywhere, but I will if I
have to.

> http://www.seagullsoftware.com

Thanks. Been there, filled out the form, scanning my 518 email
messages this morning to see if I got a response yet.

>       Their site even mentions having an extranet with a
developer's group,
>       knowledgebase, etc.

I'm not a Seagull licensee. Although I have heard it mentioned
before, and I am
sure some of our hundreds of iseries sites use it, I've never
been asked to interface to it before.

I started out by assuming I should interface to it as an IE
project, but the
jvm doesn't expose its objects thru IE - or thru the Windows APIs
either,
the next thing I tried. I didn't realize anyone was using the jvm
for
commercial applications anymore.

I was hoping that someone here has interfaced with jwalk and
could say if they
are using hllapi or something close to it, how close it is, etc.

I'll be happy to read documentation when and if I ever see some,
but I'm
hoping someone can give me a hint if I am headed in the right
direction.
It could be as simple as loading the jwalk api and running with
our hllapi integration.

I also understand that all hllapi is not the same. We found 3270
hllapi
didn't work quite the same as 5250.

My own software already exists in native 5250, web, and windows
versions,
so I don't really have any use for jwalk myself.

The jwalk interface looks nice in the Fidelity product.

We will figure it out the hard way if we have to, loading up the
api dll
and exploring the events, methods, and properties, but I was
hoping for
advice from someone experienced with it. Does it have an api
interface?
Is it hlappi or a close analogue?

If I don't hear back from Seagull in another day or so, I'll get
programmer to call them on the phone.

Or I guess I could have our customer call his software vendor and
ask
them to provide the docs to him. I prefer to program around other

people's requirements. We have a standing order in our
applications
development department to program around known IBM and MS bugs,
for example.

Thanks again to those of you who suggested getting the
documentation.

Brad Jensen