hotels have a "package" rate, in which the organization gets meeting
rooms, coffee breaks, etc. included in the package price. The people
sleeping in the conference hotels subsidize the extra stuff. If conference
attendees don't sleep in a conference hotel, the organization pays
attrition charges. Besides, the room rate is not that much higher than
rack rate. The perception of gouging has evolved as a result of selling
rooms over the internet. It's not just COMMON. That's the way it works in
the industry.

'Nuff said.

Paul Nelson
Arbor Solutions, Inc.
708-670-6978  Cell
pnelson@xxxxxxxxxx

michaelr_41@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
03/04/2004 10:39 AM
Please respond to Midrange Systems Technical Discussion