>  Jim Latter:
>Well folks, here's the issue.
>
>I'm trying to set up a remote print queue
>to a Xerox DC265.

Searching the http://www.xerox.com site is surprisingly helpful.

In one of our remote locations somebody bought a Document Center 432 to
replace a HP 5si without asking anyone.  My Sys Admin was on leave, and
since the managerial lobotomy I don't know how to do anything outside of
Microsoft Outlook.  I went to the Xerox site, keyed 432 AS/400 into the
search box, and thought "yeah, right" as I clicked the search button.  The
Xerox support site had a document specific to that task.  I was able to
create a device description, vary it on, start the writer, release a test
spool file, and call a user to see that it worked.  This was on a printer
I've never seen -- it's in Florida and I'm in Nashville.

A search containing "DC265" and "AS/400" produced links including.

Using Remote OUTQ to Print to a Xerox Multifunction Device in an AS/400
Environment (PDF, 108 KB)
http://www.xerox.com/downloads/usa/en/d/dc02cc0289.pdf

Using CRTDEVPRT to Enable Printing to the Document Centre from AS/400
http://www.xerox.com/downloads/usa/en/d/dc00cc0181.pdf

I'm gonna start using this Internet thing for everything.

-Jim

James P. Damato
Manager - Technical Administration
Dollar General Corporation