A co-worker of mine is trying to receive a diagnostic message in a CL, but for some reason (that is totally escaping us) we cannot.

Here's our basic logic ...

Call a bound RPGSQL program that tries to drop a table.

RCVMSG MSGTYPE(*DIAG) RMV(*NO) MSGID(&MSGID)

if (&MSGID= 'SQL0204') then(do)
/* some stuff */
enddo

We can see the message in the joblog ... but we cannot seem to receive it.

Here's the message details...

SQL0204 Diagnostic 30 12/11/03 15:14:37 QSQPROC QSYS *STMT QSQPROC QSYS *STMT
From module . . . . . . . . : QSQPROC

From procedure . . . . . . : CLEANUP

Statement . . . . . . . . . : 12551

To module . . . . . . . . . : QSQPROC

To procedure . . . . . . . : CLEANUP

Statement . . . . . . . . . : 12551

Message . . . . : TRIG2 in DEVDMGT type *N not found.

Cause . . . . . : TRIG2 in DEVDMGT type *N was not found. If this is an
ALTER TABLE statement and the type is *N, a constraint was not found. If
this is NOT an ALTER TABLE statement and the type is *N, a function or

procedure was not found. Recovery . . . : Change the name and try the
request again. If the object is a node group, ensure that the DB2

Multisystem product is installed on your system and create a nodegroup with
the CRTNODGRP CL command.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

david