Is it some sort of "special" barcode ???

You can print barcodes(slowly) with HPT with no problem.

A IPDS printer would be much faster and much better
quality. It wouldn't burden the system with HPT functions
that are required to print barcodes or any *AFP data streams.

A EPSON FX-980 appears to be a dot matrix which is going to
produce pretty poor bar codes...

Is there a reason for using the dot matrix over a laser ???

You might want to look at the newer Lexmark products that can
be outfitted with a IPDS card as a standard feature($$$).

Lexmark is a former IBM company and they stay up to date on
IBM printing specs....

Rich_Weislak@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Bryan, We are try to get a Bar Code to print on a Epson FX-980  printer,
but this printer is attach thru a Client Access session and not a Network
connection, according to the vendor we need to have the printer defined as
a *IPDS to get the bar code to print.