Opt-In Enterprises?  Wasn't that a company mentioned in the same Newsweek
magazine of 11/24 that contained an article by Brad Stone?
http://msnbc.com/news/993748.asp?0cv=CB30&cp1=1

Benjamin Franklin

Ken Sims <mr3111@xxxxxxxxx>
12/01/2003 10:26 AM
Please respond to

midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Fax to

Subject
Re: iSeries Navigator Spam blocking?

Hi Tony -

>Anyway, is there some way I can block the emails originating from
>(69.6.49.x) and (69.6.50.x) ip addresses?  I'm trying to enter them in
the
>"connection restrictions" panel in OpsNav.  As long as I enter the
complete
>email address (hundreds of them), it works.

Those two netblocks, which belong to "Opt-In Enterprises" are:

69.6.49.0/24 aka 69.6.49.0 255.255.255.0
69.6.50.0/24 aka 69.6.50.0 255.255.255.0

I don't do this kind of thing so I'm don't know how you enter the ranges
in
OpsNav but probably using the second format.  (I'm with those who suggest
that you do it at your firewall.)

Both of those ranges are under "WholesaleBandwith Inc."  You could
probably
block that entire netblock with what is often called "loseless
compression".

69.6.0.0/18 aka 69.6.0.0 255.255.192.0

(This is not WholesaleBandwidth's only netblock.)

With a name like WholesaleBandwidth I wouldn't expect it to do much good,
but they do have an abuse address listed of: abuse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
so you can register a complaint with them.

Ken
http://www.ke9nr.net/
of
my employer or anyone in their right mind.