From: Andy Nolen-Parkhouse [mailto:aparkhouse@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2003 7:24 AM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: RE: IBM iseries comparison site??

> All these arguments we're persuing to back the claim that an LPAR'd
> 810 is the best decision. We picked the smallest 810, which is I think
> about 3x faster
> than our current 720, because of its 1050 (?) interactive CPWs in the
> Enterprise edition, LPARing capability, and Linux-hosted capability.

You may have an old quote for an 810.  At the initial announcement of the
810 there were three processors, the #2466, the #2467, and the #2469, with
CPW ratings of 1020, 1470, and 2700 respectively.  A subsequent announcement
added the #2465 with a 750 CPW, this might meet your needs at a lower price.