Chuck found this at Perle...

http://www.perle.com/support/documentation_pdfs/594e_user_reference_guide.pdf
goto to PDF pg#26. Anynet uses port 397 on both TCP and UDP. Now I deal in Cisco world where Access-lists have an implied DENY ANY ANY of a list. If that is your case the any UDP specifically not Permitted is Denied
"
TCP/IP Host Connection
The Perle 594e supports a TCP/IP host connection that uses full AnyNet functionality to take in SNA
traffic and convert it into TCP/IP. At the host, the AS/400 uses AnyNet/400 to convert the TCP/IP
back to SNA. This means that any SNA 5250 workstation, printer or PC client connected to the Perle
594e can communicate with the AS/400 over a TCP/IP enabled network.
A TCP/IP connection can be made over either a Token Ring or Ethernet network."

Chuck Lewis wrote:

Hi Folks,

We are using Perle 494 control units connecting over a frame relay network
and they are connected via TCP/IP (Ethernet card in each controller).

We have been having trouble with Nachi (the Port 135 and Port 445 nightmare)
so we have put ACL's (Access Control Lists) on our routers. They are all the
same and here is what one looks like:

Extended IP access list 130

deny icmp any any echo

deny icmp any any echo-reply

deny tcp any any eq 4444

deny udp any any eq tftp

deny tcp any any eq 707

deny tcp any any eq 135

deny tcp any any eq 137

deny tcp any any eq 138

deny tcp any any eq 139

deny tcp any any eq 193

deny tcp any any eq 445

deny tcp any any eq 593

deny tcp any any range 666 765

permit ip any any

well if a control unit fails it will NOT attach again. We found that
removing the ACL it would pop RIGHT back up. So something in this is
blocking something the Perle needs. Does any have any idea what port(s) the
Perle is using ? PC's that are attached at each site and connect through the
router are FINE so it is something to do the ACL and the Perle.

Thanks in advance !

Chuck