On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 14:10:47 -0500
 Jeff Crosby <jlcrosby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Brad Stone wrote:
>
> >I understand as is OS400 is quite proprietary, and
> that's
> >the platform's biggest problem.  Remove that problem and
> >believe it would become more revenue.
>
> From my simplistic mind, if you remove OS/400, you no
> longer have an
> iSeries.  I don't think of OS/400 as a 'problem' at all.

Well, it's a "problem" in the sense that we keep hearing
our beloved machine is dying...  I don't like to hear that.
 Not many do.  Not that the machine or OS is problematic.

I also agree, remove OS/400 and it's not an iSeries.  Just
a very expensive proprietary box you can't do anything else
with.  That's my point.  The OS in the iSerie's case is
more important that the hardware.

I understand why IBM wouldn't want to do it... that's easy
to figure out.  Again, I'm just saying I think it's a darn
good idea..