Mark,

At 10/21/03 02:04 PM, you wrote:
"C' is for "Choice text" (appears next to each field when you press F4 for
the whole command);

That part I have working fine. I can step through in debug, no problem.

"P" is for the allowed values, when the user puts the cursor in that field
and presses F4 to see the list of allowed values.

When I do that, even though I still have the choice pgm in debug, it doesn't transfer control to that pgm; it doesn't break. I receive CPD6805 "Invalid length defined in list of permissible values." Since it never seems to pass the "P" (at least I can't see it, since the debug session doesn't get invoked) value, it never gets to the routine that concatenates the data and binary values, I would imagine that that's the problem.

A "Prompt Override Program" is called before the prompt screen appears, when
a user types a command name and presses F4=Prompt, to "fill in" or "override" any
"default" values, before the prompt screen is displayed.

Is that the field value vs. the text next to the entry field?

-mark