You could build the pc ftp.txt file using input from the user by putting the
ftp -n -i -s:etx... into a .bat file.  With the example below you can put a bat
file on a user's desktop and have it call the shared bat file.  The user can
then then just click the icon and run the job.

@echo off
rem - this command builds an ftp script file and then runs it.
rem - the ftp script file updates the exchange, email file on the as400
rem - and then runs an update command
rem - Bill Meecham 8/10/2001 - THIS IS PRODUCTION CODE
rem _____________________________________________________________
rem - Required Parameters:  USERPROFILE PASSWORD FILENAME
rem _____________________________________________________________
rem - clear the screen to remove the user name and password as soon as possible
& handle errors
rem _____________________________________________________________
cls
if "%1" == ""  goto cmdHelp
if "%1" == "-"  goto cmdHelp
if "%1" == "?"  goto cmdHelp
if "%2" == ""  goto cmdHelp
if "%3" == ""  goto cmdHelp
rem - start building the ftp script file
rem _____________________________________________________________
@echo prompt >> ftpexchange.ftp
@echo verbose >> ftpexchange.ftp
@echo open 10.1.254.25 >> ftpexchange.ftp
@echo user %1  >> ftpexchange.ftp
@echo %2 >> ftpexchange.ftp
@echo put  %3  /qsys.lib/qgpl.lib/exchange.file/exchange.mbr >> ftpexchange.ftp
@echo quote rcmd "SBMJOB CMD(EXCHANGE COPY(YES) TO(FILE) FIND(YES) DO(YES))
JOB(EXCH_EMAIL)" >> ftpexchange.ftp
@echo quote rcmd "SNDMSG MSG('Exchange email update was submitted!')
TOUSR(PROGRAMMER)" >> ftpexchange.ftp
@echo quit >> ftpexchange.ftp
rem _____________________________________________________________
rem - run the ftp script file
ftp -n -s:ftpexchange.ftp
rem _____________________________________________________________
rem - remove the script file!
del ftpexchange.ftp
goto exit
rem _____________________________________________________________
:cmdHelp
echo --------------------------------------------------------------
echo ftpExchange command:
echo  This command is used to transfer the exchange email
echo  data from the PC to the AS400.  It will also submit a
echo  procedure on the AS400 to update the associate email
echo  addresses based on the file information that is sent to it
echo  in the first step of this command.
echo --------------------------------------------------------------
echo Command syntax:
echo  ftpExchange USERNAME PASSWORD FILENAME
echo --------------------------------------------------------------
echo   USERNAME  - The AS400 user name.
echo   PASSWORD  - The AS400 password for the user name.
echo   FILENAME  - The name of the CSV file that you have
echo               created on the PC.  Enter the full file name
echo               including the extension.
echo               Ex.  c:\myDirectory\assoc.csv
echo   Additional help - Contact MIS department.
echo                                                   Bill Meecham
:exit