Did you find stuff that was there that wasn't in iSeries Access for

Benjamin Franklin

Vern Hamberg <vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
09/24/2003 04:53 PM
Please respond to

Re: Access for Web up and running!

Alright - now you get to wait minutes for what takes seconds in PC5250!

Actually, I see some nice things in Access for Web, esp. some of the PDF
output stuff. I had to learn about Infoprint Server, which I should
probably have done so, anyway.

Getting SQL output to PDF is nice - it even has alternating shaded bars,
like green-bar - gotta love it! Other options exist. The SQL wizard is not

ready for prime time, IMO - I entered part of a statement in the text
control, then went to the wizard, and it did not use what I'd already

There seem to be some nice (eventually) possibilities for inter-user
communication, with the personal folders.

Of course, being at the low end of power, it is very sluggish, so I'll
probably use other means for awhile. But it's pretty neat. And
personalization is quite extensive.