Don't fret about the attrition charge Paul.  COMMON charges all attendees
who do not stay at a conference hotel an extra $100.  So they don't care

Actually this sounds reasonable.  My wife just returned from a
scrapbooking weekend.  If you didn't stay at the hotel, you were charged
an extra $10 for the paltry conference room they had.

Granted, if you live two blocks from the hotel you might feel ripped, but
they gotta pay for the conference rooms somehow.

And the person who suggested that COMMON attendance might drop if the cost
of lodging continues to exceed the conference, SSHHHH!  We don't want
COMMON to try to solve that problem by increasing the cost of the
conference.  :-)

Benjamin Franklin

09/22/2003 08:28 AM
Please respond to Midrange Systems Technical Discussion