>>   1. Re: How to prevent a user from answering a message error
>>      (Lance Gillespie)
>>
>>I have tried to find out how to do this myself.  I would
>>like to route all program-related messages to one
>>person so that a determination can be made about
>>what to do and a record can be made of the program
>>failure mode so that it won't happen again.

>At least one difficulty seems related to something that the RPG
>compiler does automatically. It puts a kind of default handler into
>RPG programs at least when a display file is accessed by the program.

>You can see evidence of this by generating a CPF4101 out of an RPG
> program with a DSPF and then generating one out of a CL program or
> RPG without a DSPF. Examine the messages carefully in the joblogs to
> see the difference -- the RPG program joblog should be missing a
> CPF9999 'Function check...' message.

>The difference can be more clearly seen if you modify the CPF4101
>to have a "Default program" with the DFTPGM() parameter. In the CL,
> the default program will be called. It won't be in the RPG program
>(if it has a DSPF).

>The techniques I've come up with to get around the issues are very
ugly.
>I'd love to see a clean IBM-approved method but I haven't seen a good
one yet.

>Tom Liotta

Very interesting and thank you.  I do not have the means to test this,
but do you suppose that a consequence of going to one of the
no-interactive-tax methods of converting green screen programs
would be that the compiler would not know there is a screen and
so would send the messages to the operator?

Thanks again, Lance