One of the Unix dweebs will need to explain more here, I think. 'du' has some other switches that have to do with multiple links to an object, according to the AIX docs. I did not look too carefully for details.

One thing I like is getting the full path for each object. And the size is actual disk allocated space, I believe, instead of bytes.

The symbolic link thing is tricky when walking the IFS tree - different functions to get resolved info vs. just link info (lstat vs. stat, right?). And one of the APIs lets you filter out symbolic links - nice.

It's still not very efficient, IMO - takes a long time to get through a big system. Can you imagine a SAN, with 22 teras?

Regards

Vern