From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ingvaldson, Scott
Sent: Tuesday, August 19, 2003 11:33 AM
To: 'midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: RE: Complete Box Swap 620 @ V4R5 to 810 LPAR @ V5R2 - what to watch
for, etc.

We did a 720 to 810-2465(750 CPW) upgrade last month.  The biggest issue
that we had was that the 810 needed PTF'ed LIC of code level RSC (code is
right above the I_BASE_01 on the CD) before it would recognize the 2757 Disk
Controller and all of the drives under it.  If your new box is coming
pre-loaded this should not (hopefully) be an issue for you.

You will need to verify that all needed user objects in QUSRSYS and QGPL get
moved.  The easiest way to do this is run a query and move everything that
does not already exist in these libraries on the new system.  If you need to
move your job schedule entries (object name QDFTJOBSCD in QUSRSYS type
*JOBSCD) you can save and restore it to the new system, but be sure you are
in a restricted state and immediately put all of the jobs on hold until you
are ready to run them on the new system.

Keep a copy of the Backup and Recovery Manual handy, as well as all of your
license keys.

As the SuSE boys say, "Have a lot of fun..."

Scott Ingvaldson
AS/400 System Administrator
GuideOne Insurance Group