Murali:

When writing a program like this, consider adding extra statements to help
during testing. One possibility in this case would be:

   SNDPGMMSG  MSG('<' *bcat &FLD *bcat '>') +
              TOPGMQ( *EXT )

placed immediately before your CHGVAR for &LIBFILE. Or maybe a SNDPGMMSG after
the CHGVAR to show what &LIBFILE contained. Some experimentation might help you
see what values are being used inside the program while it runs.

Another useful statement is:

   DMPCLPGM

That one will create output that shows the values of your variables and a list
of messages that happened while your program ran. It's often best not to have
that statement in a loop, but it can be useful just before a loop starts or
just after one ends.

Of course, the items that others mentioned, such as a MONMSG for CPF0864 after
the RCVF statement to end the loop you need and changing "FLD" to "&FLD", still
need to be done. It just seems you need some ideas on helping you test your
work.

Tom Liotta

--
Tom Liotta