RE: AOL CD's

fixed

Understand what you are saying Dennis and hang in there it will probably go
up and depending on who it is, you might want to buy more now ;-)

But this was from a discussion with Ford executives on operating expenses,
etc. so I don't know... :-)

Chuck

Dennis wrote:

One has to be careful of such statistics.

Last week, one of my stocks went down in price.  I had paid $12.50/share....
the price had gone up to $20/share over time... and now it's dropped to
something less than $18.  I could argue successfully that I'd lost $2 for
each share that I held when the price dropped.  But in truth, it's still a
gain of just under 50% of the investment.  So it's a matter of perspective,
isn't it?

Some companies budget for $X in sales.... and when they receive $Y in sales,
(where Y < X, ), they say the lost X-Y dollars.  It's all perspective.

If a company is billions in debt, however, that's a different matter
entirely.  Just ask the creditors; they'll tell you!  :)

Dennis