--- rob@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Let me know so I can make sure that we NEVER get it here!  I think adding
> all that VAR... TYPE..., LEN... stuff is a waste of real estate.  I much
> prefer:
>     DCL  &APOS        *CHAR   1  /* Apostrophe                       */
>     DCL  &PARM1       *CHAR   2  /*                                  */
>     DCL  &PARM2       *DEC    2  /*                                  */

I have the same sentiment.  I also use a lot of upper/lower case in mine, plus
extra spacing
inside parentheses:

      SndUsrMsg  Msg('The report file ' *cat &File *tcat ' no +
                   longer exists for job ' *cat &JobNbr +
                                 *tcat '/' *cat &User +
                                 *tcat '/' *cat &JobName +
                   *tcat ', so it cannot be distributed via +
                   email.') MsgType( *Info ) ToUsr( &User )

instead of:

      SNDUSRMSG  MSG('The report file ' *CAT &FILE *TCAT ' no +
                   longer exists for job ' *CAT &JOBNBR +
                   *TCAT '/' *CAT &USER *TCAT '/' *CAT +
                   &JOBNAME *TCAT ', so it cannot be +
                   distributed via email.') MSGTYPE(*INFO) +
                   TOUSR(&USER)

Some CL commands, I specify the first parms without the keyword, i.e.:
      OvrPrtF    qPrint  PageSize( *N 198 )  CPI( 20 )

My personal taste.

- Dan