Prob the most common reason is not having your domain setup on the 400. Do
a CFGTCP then opt #12 and verify or enter a valid host , domain name. Once
this has been done, use CFGTCP opt #10(host table) and make sure you add
that domain name like with the current IP address of the

Kirk Goins
Systems Engineer, Manage Inc.
IBM Certified iSeries Solutions Expert
IBM Certified iSeries e-Business Infrastructure
IBM Certified Designing IBM e-business Solutions
Office 503-353-1721 x106 Cell 503-577-9519

"Keith Nolan" <knolan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by:
04/09/2003 07:49 AM
Please respond to Midrange Systems Technical Discussion

        To:     "Midrange List \(E-mail\)" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
        Subject:        Management Central

Why oh why can I not get the Management Central server started???  We
are at v4r5 and I cannot get this server to start??  No error message is
given as to what the problem is...

addressed. If you have received this email in error please advise the
sender immediately and delete this message. Any views or opinions
presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent those of Dublin Port Company or its associated companies
unless otherwise specifically stated. Thank you.

Visit Our Web Page <>