From: ouuch@t-online.de [mailto:ouuch@t-online.de]
Sent: Friday, January 31, 2003 1:40 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: Reducing Systempools

Steven,

On 30 Jan 2003 at 11:20, Segars, Steven wrote:

> With batch and interactive together, I'm surprised you dont have
> performance problems. But each system is different I guess. Either
> way, If it were me, I would seperate your batch processing, since you
> say its a heavy load. What are your page faults looking like?
> Currently your at 81% ASP used, so try to clean up any spool files you
> no longer need or performance data, history logs. I dont know your
> maintenance window so just do what you can.

the wrksyssts didn't get through as I intended, sorry.
Actually, the current pool setup has seperated batch and interactive,
even different pools for different interactive subsystems.

But this setup stems from an earlier systems where we had severe performance
issues.

I want to streamline this. From what I have read here now, what about a
setup
like:

          *machine
          *base
          *spool
            allbatch
            allinteractive

We have about 60 laser printers (IP) - what would be an appropriate size for
the spool
memory pool?

I know 80+% of DASD is not a good idea, monthly reorgs will reduce by about
5% and we'll
buy more disks shortly (I hope). I just don't have any more stuff I could
delete...
Spoolfiles older than 1 week get deleted, but we still have about 60.000+...

Regards,

Oliver