> From: Joe Pluta
>
> At this point, I'd be sitting back and saying, "Where's the beef?"

And lest you think I'm just ranting here, please review this other,
wonderful quote:

"In addition to making pricing much less confusing, this new pricing
structure drastically cuts many prices, by as much as 80 percent, IBM says.
If you just use a small amount of CPW for 5250 workloads, moving to the
Enterprise Edition would likely end up costing you more. But if you use a
lot of interactive processing, the savings start adding up."

Huh?  Cost cuts up to 80% for some people, but some of you will actually end
up spending MORE.  Because remember, in the new structure, you can't get
just a little interactive - it's all or nothing.

So who's the 80% for?  The guys who already have the top-end interactive
feature?  Sound a little like trickle-down economics - tax cuts for the
rich, paid for by the middle class.

So before everybody starts hopping up and down about "free" interactive
feature, please read the announcement carefully and see how it applies to
you.  For those who are already at the top end of the interactive tax
bracket, you may indeed save some money.

Those who aren't, well, there's no such thing as a free lunch.

Joe