Hi Folks,
Got a CD from a software vendor and the GREAT instructions to "map a
drive to your pc, insert the CD and drag and drop to the AS/400".
OK, so I went to a PC (our Quadrant FastFax Server) which uses Client
Access to attach to our AS/400 (620-2179 at V4R5). I see that I have an
I: drive mapped to FFXDIR which is the Quadrant product. So I TRY to map
a drive, any drive to the AS/400 and nothing works.
It starts the router connection with a FFXSYS profile so I disconnect
that and start it with QSECOFR for proper authority and tried again - no
I to into Explorer and can see our AS/400 so I try to drag and drop the
folder from the CD to the AS/400 but the cursor turns into a circle with
a line through it.
OK so I go to my PC running Windows 200 Pro and the Synapse IP-Client
product and TRY to map a drive through there and am not sure how to get
it to find the ROOT of our AS/400. I can get (none)\\ip address of our
AS/400\QCA400 and (none)\\ip address of our AS/400\QIBM and that is it.
I have our IP address in our HOSTS file. To I actually have to have our
System Name in there too ?
Thanks for any help - this CAN'T be this hard but I seem to be in DUH
mode today..