Hi Steve

I have seen something similar to this on a test box where someone had
messed up the subnet mask. Everything else appeared to work correctly so
that might be worth checking.

You don't tell us what you have tried that might help indicate what the
problem is; can you successfully list as/400 directories and/or libraries
to the client PC ? Can you get a file from the AS/400 ?

You also don't mention the FTP Client... is it the Windows native client ?
Have you tried another client ?

Have you tried a different user profile or are you using a secofr class
profile ?

What happens if you try and use IFS file names to send the file ?

Have you deleted and recreated the save file and tried re-sending it ?

I guess you can telnet to the address/hostname you are using ?

Regards
Evan Harris

The PC is running XP Pro, if it matters, and the AS/400 is running V5R1M0,
cum SF99510.

When I run the PUT statement to transfer the file, on the PC side it
displays the message "150 Sending file to member WRKDBF in file WRKDBF in
library XXXXX" for about a minute, then it bombs, with message "> Netout
:Connection reset by peer", then "Connection closed by remote host"

What is wrong here?  Do I have a configuration problem that is causing it
to time out?

Thanks in advance for your help/suggestions...

Steve Landess