There are a few questions there, some are related.  :-)
To delete the file, you need to have access to it.  Therefore you need to
signon with enough authority to delete it.  Anyone with *ALLOBJ.  If you
can't get the Gods there to allow you to do that, or to delete the file
themselves, then one common hack is to create a one line CL program that
only contains
CALL QCMD
Then run CHGPGM ... USRPRF(*OWNER)
Tell them, (when they're really busy) that you need this program owned by
QSECOFR.
This program will let you pretty much run free and loose on the machine.
Had a vendor installed program which did this.  The vendor liked to talk
the users through stuff without messing with the security folks.  Being
the security folks here, this kind of vexed me.

Now, I'll get a howling mass of screams that I shouldn't point out this
breach, but, look at it this way, how many of you take the time to review
the programs that are owned by QSECOFR?  Consider this a call to
diligence.

Now, will deleting this file prevent anyone from accessing the other
machine?  Gosh no.  Any moron can build a DDM file.  Then there is the
directory QFileSvr.400, FTP, telnet, STRPASTHR, sockets, etc.  Controlling
all this will require a balance.  A good start might be with exit points.
See also:
http://faq.midrange.com/data/cache/198.html

Benjamin Franklin

"Albino Sousa" <ASousa@Auto-Sueco.PT>