No your'e right - SNDDST is very limited.

See "SNDM" on http://homepage1.nifty.com/uzaemon/

This needs a SMTP hub somewhere on the net outside AS/400. Your ISP probably
have one you can use. Otherwise there are lots of them on the net. Also you
need a 'hole' through your firewall. But if you can use SNDDST, all this is
already in place.

SNDM does handle attachments too and an automatic code page facility (it's a
japaneese program) that I however find more confusing than helpfull.

It doesn't handle multipart/alternative (needed today if you send out column
formatted text because Gill Bates insists on a default proportional display
font in the recipients mail client). If this a need for you, pls contact me
privately.

Regards

Henrik Krebs

Henrik Krebs
IT Consultant (IBM AS/400)
Phone +45 55 44 26 50
Mobile +45 40 88 83 23
Email: hkrebs@hkrebs.dk
Web: http://www.hkrebs.dk/
Snailmail: Kokhaven 8, DK-4736  Karrebaeksminde