I ran this following script from iSeries Navigator:
CREATE TABLE rob.sud1 (column1 INTEGER NOT NULL, column2 VARCHAR(100)
ALLOCATE(20));
CREATE TABLE rob.sud2 (column1 INTEGER NOT NULL, column2 VARCHAR(100)
ALLOCATE(20));
INSERT INTO rob.sud1 VALUES(1,'AAA');
INSERT INTO rob.sud1 VALUES(2,'BBB');
INSERT INTO rob.sud2 VALUES(3,'CCC');
INSERT INTO rob.sud2 VALUES(4,'DDD');
CREATE VIEW rob.sudviewa AS
  SELECT column1, column2 FROM rob.sud1
  UNION
  SELECT column1, column2 FROM rob.sud2;
SELECT * FROM rob.sudviewa;
And I got all four rows.

I tried this simple program:
     FSUDVIEWA  IP   E             DISK    RENAME(SUDVIEWA:SUDVIEWAR)
     FQSYSPRT   O    F  132        PRINTER
     ISUDVIEWAR     01
     OQSYSPRT   D    01
     O                       COLUMN1
     O                       COLUMN2
and I get:
Message Type . . . . . . . . . . . . . :   RNX
Additional Message Info  . . . . . . . :   1011
Message Data . . . . . . . . . . . . . :
             Undefined record type is found in file SUDVIEWA.

Benjamin Franklin

Vern Hamberg <vhamberg@centerfieldtechnology.com>
Sent by: midrange-l-admin@midrange.com
11/06/2002 01:12 PM