Joe,

> > There is a LOAD of exit points.  Yes you could write your own - and we
did
> > - at first.  However there are a plethora of packages out there to
assist
> > you.
>
> I may eventually go that route, Rob, but first I want to know what it is
> these programs do - and more importantly, perhaps, what they SHOULD be
able
> to do.
>
> For example, preliminary research shows that while FTP exit programs can
> authenticate based on requesting IP address, it seems that the file server
> exit program cannot.  It's good to know this type of stuff, even if I do
> decide to buy a package.

Sure you can authenticate the file server and ODBC exits by IP address.
It's not obvious, but with a little clever programming it can be done.

That's just one of the benefits of buying a Security package from folks who
live and breathe this stuff everyday.  :^)

jte

--
John Earl - CTO
The Powertech Group Inc. Seattle, Washington

Phone: +1-253-872-7788
Fax:      +1-253-872-7904