From: []
Sent: Thursday, September 19, 2002 12:26
Subject: Re: R: FTPing Save File

Actually, the savf does not need to exist first. But you
need to use NAMEFMT 1. From the pc ftp session, you enter

quote site nam 1

Then you use binary, as you did, then it's safest to
fully qualify the destination savf with

put flname.savf /qsys.lib/tolib.lib/flname.savf

If not already there, the savf will be created, as a
savf, not a physical file.

This may not work in earlier releases - it works in v5r1
for sure. savf as an extension does go back to v4r4, at

> savf must exists before. Issue a CRTSAVF  first and then put over that.
> Sincerely
> Domenico Finucci
> Fiditalia , Milano, 02- 4301-2494
or email: