On Saturday 31 August 2002 3:29 am, David Gibbs wrote:
> I've setup the archiving software to create RDF files for all
> lists.  Theoretically you should be able to specify the RDF file in
> compatible applications and have a list traffic summary displayed.
> They are supposed to be able to be used in my.netscape.com (although I
> cannot yet figure out how).

I've tried with RPG400-L and Midrange-L and it works okay[1] I noticed a
couple of things though:
1) Most of the messages are older ones - I guess this will correct itself
in time.
2) The messages appear to be in ascending date/time sequence. The other
RDF feeds I have are in descending sequence, with the most recent at the
top. I tend to limit the display to five articles only from each site, so
with this set up (20 items in the Midrange-L feed) new articles don't
appear for a while.

Regards, Martin
[1] Using Evolution - a mail/calendaring app on Linux. It has a summary
screen with a number of preset news feeds, but you can easily add or
remove them. I've uploaded a screen shot (86K) of it, showing RPG400-L &
Midrange-L feeds, in case anyone is interested in seeing what these RDF
feeds do - http://dbg400.net/download/evolution.jpg Clicking on the links
takes you straight to the archived message.
--
martin@dbg400.net  jamaro@firstlinux.net  http://www.dbg400.net    /"\
DBG/400 - DataBase Generation utilities - AS/400 / iSeries Open    \ /