Hi, Rod

That sounds cool. I believe that, to use it with library objects, you
actually DO tell it the object type. It's in the extension. E.g., a
userspace named MYUSRSPC, in library VERN, would be
/QSYS.LIB/VERN.LIB/MYUSRSPC.USRSPC (uppercase not required - just for
emphasis). That makes this essentially like CHKOBJ, where you have to
specify that object type.

When something like readdir() or Qp0lProcessSubtree() gives you the path
name, the object type, then is included for objects under the QSYS.LIB file
system. The others have types like *STMF, *DIR, *DDIR, *SYMLNK, and a host
of others. The object type is useful, for me, to keep me from looking at
symbolic links, e.g.

We have a product that walks the IFS tree, using Qp0lProcessSubtree() and
Qp0lGetAttributes(). It''s kind of slow for full-tree walks. (I'm looking
at different ways to accomplish our purpose quickly.)

Another wrinkle is that some of the Qp0l* APIs were introduce only in V4R3
and later - check the QP0LSTDI member in QSYSINC/H to check this.

My, there's a lot to talk about with this stuff, isn't there?

Cheers

Vern