"Sounds as if you may be submitting 4 jobs and not one.  4 jobs mean 4
different QTEMPs.  If that's what is happening, wrap them all in a single CL
and submit that."

That is true Buck; however, I have just one job doing this four tasks:

START:      PGM        PARM(&TDATE)

DCL        VAR(&TDATE) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(6)
DCL        VAR(&TRN_DATE) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(7)

CVTDAT     DATE(&TDATE) TOVAR(&TRN_DATE) FROMFMT(*MDY) +
                         TOFMT(*CYMD) TOSEP(*NONE)

FI041Q1:    STRQMQRY   QMQRY(FI041Q1) ALWQRYDFN(*ONLY) +
                         SETVAR((TRN_DATE &TRN_DATE))
FI041Q2:    STRQMQRY   QMQRY(FI041Q2) ALWQRYDFN(*ONLY) +
                         SETVAR((TRN_DATE &TRN_DATE))
FI041Q3:    STRQMQRY   QMQRY(FI041Q3) ALWQRYDFN(*ONLY) +
                         SETVAR((TRN_DATE &TRN_DATE))

FI041Q4:    RUNQRY     QRY(FI041Q4)

END:        ENDPGM

When FI041Q2 runs, it is expecting to have file FI041Q2F as the input file but
is not there.  However, if I run the query interactively (with the values), it
runs OK.  I also did another test (as I mentioned before) and I am using now a
work library ( I named it PETERTEST) to create the work files there and ... is
working OK (batch and interactive)!

To respond to somebody's idea, I cannot create the files from the STRQMQRY
command neither because I want to keep using the different report summary
functions that are defined on the queries.  If I do that on the command, I will
loose that.

PETER VIDAL
PALL Aeropower Corp. / SR Programmer Analyst
Website: www.pall.com  / Email: Peter_Vidal@Pall.com
Phone: 727-539-8448, x2414